Saturday, December 29, 2007

New Stained Glass Casting - Ring Box


This is a new box that I am making for that wax carved niobium ring a few posts back.
So I sprued it very heavy. That's because I put no wax inside the box, except for a little bit on the top, just to hold the glass.
You can see the blue wax behind the seahorse. I figure that is the 'sprue' to connect the top and the bottom.
The colours are:
Black at the bottom
Front and back bright orange
Sides clear red
And the top probably will be Caribbean blue with a big shell on top of it. Maybe. If it casts OK.

I put blue wax behind the trunk of the palm tree, so to make sure there is an adequate pathway for the metal.



The back has got a St. Maarten map, since that's where it is made...
Box size is about 2.5 inches by 2" by 2"-ish.
I want to cast tomorrow, on Sunday.