Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday's Wax Work


This is my work for today. On the left is the stained glass box box from a few posts back. I have sprued up the lid.. Hold thumbs that it comes out ok... That is going to look SOO cute. Next is a concentric circle titanium pendant that I am going to cut a gemstone for the center. The titanium is going to be cast in place. Most right is a wax carved ring that has a niobium circle which I will remove before casting. Reason between the two is this, The titanium will cast in situ and be heat treated in the pendant. However, the niobium cannot be coloured by any other means than anodizing. So I have to remove the circle, then cast, then replace. Watch this space. I am going to colour it by anodizing to an aquamarine colour and cut an orange Zirconia SRB and set it in 18ct gold tube in a silver ring. I want to make a range of 'funky' high end art jewellery. Watch this space.......