Saturday, May 10, 2008

Leaf Pendant and Stained Glass Light



I made this plique a jour pendant in 18ct gold. Using the copper method. It is actually shaped a bit like a crinkle cut chip. This time I used a sanding mandrel on the hanging motor to remove most of the copper oxide left and then brushed it with 35% nitric acid to remove the final residue. It worked well with these colours. I suspect that other colours might not be so forgiving.
( nitric and all that)


This is as far as I got today.I think tomorrow I can finish the main cutting and positioning work. I am having having a great time working on it. The red on the side is copper sheet with holes fused through it.
This is the cap I made this morning It is copper on the top and brass at the bottom. It will be cleaned up soon. All the brass still has to be cleaned up. Mission job....
Post a Comment