Friday, April 16, 2010

Aqua Pendants, Rings, Lathes and Moto GP.

 Aqua-Pendant

Replacement piece. This is a really nice coloured aqua but it had some rather contortionistic  inclusions, if I might use that word. So I had to carve and carve, all the time chasing the flaws.

The pendant is there fore was also made in a contortionistic manner. Repous√©  with 18kt yellow and white gold and small diamonds.

 

Lynne's-Ring

Just finished this ring

Lynne's-Ring-Before

It came from these two rings. The left one  was her mom’s engagement ring and the  right hand one was hers. I like doing work like this. Sort of 100 years of rings into one. I always wonder who the goldsmiths that made the original rings were.

Micro-Feed

I made a micro feed onto my lathe. It is a small electric motor that has a reduction gearbox, so it can spin from zero to 6rpm. It uses 0 to 24 volts, so when I disconnect the lead screw gear, I can control the feed. This is great for fine finishing a piece.

Micro-Feed-Disconect

I made a sleeve that can be disconnected when it is not necessary to use.. Also the sleeve acts as a shear pin, should I in one sober moment forget to disconnect it. One can never be too safe.

Boss-Girl

Anne and I are complete fanatics when it comes to Moto GP. And the season has just started last week. After months of nothing. We used to be into F1 but Formula 1 has just become a Mandrax tablet, real snore stuff. Moto GP, on the other hand, we watch live on my computer with a live feed from the track. …..And it is on the edge of the seat exciting…..Costs about $120 a year and a broadband connection, but boy, is it fun on a Sunday or what.

Nothing like a braai, a couple  dozen of frosties and Moto GP…………… trust me on this one…………..

Post a Comment