Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rings, Pendants, a Hammer and Lathe Stuff

Reposse-Ring

Stock replacement and  my signature style. This time I used yellow gold on the outside instead of white gold.

Fused-Pendant

This pendant with lots of sentimental value attached. The bail is made from her mothers wedding ring and the diamond is also part of the engagement ring. She wanted a ‘nuggety’ type of pendant.

Bunc-of-rings

Made and set this week.

 

Stock-Replacement

Stock replacement. All this stuff is cast.

Stock-Tit-Earings

Also stock. I put on 90% of the jewellery I make, because this blog started out as a diary of my work, so I got to remain true to that, even though it sometimes becomes a bit repetitive to me.

Hammer-Head Hammer

For about thirty years I have been meaning to make myself a little hammer that I use only for riveting things together. Like in peaning the rivets over. Well the time has come. The head is stainless steel and the handle is brass. I turned them out on my lathe and it works a treat.

Tail-Stock-Stop

Speaking of my lathe, I made a tailstock lock for it this week.

Tail-Stock-Lock

It’s like a cam that is connected to the lever in the first picture.

 

Tail-Stock-Lock-1

The original was a really grotty nut that had to be tightened with a spanner and it was always a mission. Especially when small things are being turned and the cross slide is up close. Problem solved and it works very well.

Post a Comment