Sunday, July 18, 2010

Carved Amethyst and Outside my Shop.


I bought some really nice amethyst rough from Terry Henning
http://www.hassamventures.com/ It comes from Brazil.


This is the first piece I have carved from the parcel.
The stone is part of a large tutorial I am making on all aspects of gem carving.
This tutorial is going to be a paid for one, not free, like many of my other ones are.
I have been working on this one for a month now---nearly finished.

A piece of Sugelite I carved. It's semi finished and I'm not sure whether I should engrave/carve it or just polish the frack out of it.
______________________________________________________________

St Maarten and the Variations


I like taking pictures from outside my shop window. Today was a wild weather day, with lightning and thunder.
This is something that does not happen often in St Maarten.
It rains often, but not the flash and bang stuff.

The drivers of St Maarten are all pussycats.
As soon as there is a puddle, even though they drive that road everyday, they will inch along as if there was somehow a giant hole that has formed in the last hour.
They should come to Botswana for some lessons...

The day before.

And the day before that.

And the sunset there of....
Post a Comment