Here are all the rough components made excluding the cylinder head.
I turned a dop and then made it round on my Imahashi.
So I cut another one and then I temporally glued everything together.
I just glued a cut scrap stone on the top to close the head off.
I made the inlet tubing out of silver.
This motor ran that evening. First shot.
I have got a video of it but I have not put it up.
Like, from the little vice onto the white wood.
That was really unfair, because is was not far and I had dropped similar things much higher without any damage.
It just landed in the wrong position. Frack.
Glued the whole thing together temporarily again and it ran well.
Well, I didn’t have any more material, so I ground out the chipped section and fitted a lime green piece intarsia style. Worked like a charm and it looks kind of funky to boot.
Then I faceted and polished the new crank and upright.
Then I use my hanging motor and wet or dry sandpaper with water to smoothen the inside of the 3mm drilled holes.
I polish the holes 200 grit then 600 the 1200 diamond and sometimes 8000 and then finally 50,000 diamond.
The 8000 grit is neither fish nor fowl, but sometimes the design or material warrants that extra step.
And I also cut the cylinder the next day.
The flywheel measures 18mm and has 50 facets on it.
The holes have four bevels each and the center polished part, making 80 total different planes including the facets. It gives for some serious sparkle.
The cylinder measures 14 x 8mm and also has 50 facets on it and is effectively made out of five separate pieces.
There is a nice optical effect that occurs in the flywheel and cylinder, because CZ has a high refractive index.
Now, if nothing more breaks, I have to facet two or three more pieces prior to re-assembly.
However, Murphy’s law says that is something can go wrong it will.
So I am taking it very
The next post will be when it is finished---or not.