Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring has Sprung and other Stuff.

IMG_0507

Spring has sprung and all  Dusseldorf’s little mewling kittens came out to see what that funny bright light in the weird coloured sky was.

IMG_0500

Everybody could not believe how far the horizon was.

IMG_0503

The sunrise boulevard of Dusseldorf.

IMG_0504

Even the booze cruise was working, but frack man, the music they play would keep me stone cold sober.

IMG_0505

I like the starkness of this building against the blue sky.

IMG_0506

But, as with every modern building in Germany and NL, they screw up the entrance with a conglomeration of steel shit.

I have no idea who thinks this is pretty, skillful or even worth more that the scrap value.

And the artist statement about this piece of scrap will sound something like this:

“My work explores the relationship between acquired synesthesia and emotional memories.
With influences as diverse as Nietzsche and Roy Lichtenstein, new synergies are crafted from both explicit and implicit layers.
What starts out as hope soon becomes corrupted into a cacophony of power, leaving only a sense of nihilism and the prospect of a new understanding.
As shifting phenomena become frozen through diligent and personal practice, the viewer is left with an insight into the inaccuracies of our condition.”

Any bets?

watch1sm

I posted this link on Orchid, the place all goldsmiths go to to argue about bullshit.

I have really been getting tired about all the bickering and bullying on Orchid.

Moderator, moderator, why fore art thou?

Anyway this dude is a real metal smith and artist.

Dutch, nogal ook.

 Kees Engelbarts' Artisan Watches.

I am going to feature an artist who I think is excellent regularly on the blog from now on.

IMG_0068

I have been commissioned to make a pendant out of the pink tourmaline in the same vein as the one I made out of sugalite.

Watch this space.IMG_0297

I made another one of these rings as well.

IMG_0522

DRAGONS BREATH

My latest steam engine has maybe 50 or so of hours of work left.

I stopped counting after 200 hours of work, it became too depressing.

I’m kidding, I simply love doing this kind of work.

I really pushed the limits of gem work with this one, but I am only going to show it when it is completely finished.

She does run though. I tested her two days ago.

Post a Comment