Friday, April 20, 2012

Pendants, Hell Hawk and Barrettes.

IMG_0884

I made this pendant on commission.

I carved a pink tourmaline of 45 carats and an amethyst I cut coming in at 1.15 ct.

The whole pendant weighs 30 grams.

I set about  carat of diamonds at the bottom and some in the top.

 

IMG_0923

I also put this one together for the tourmaline customer.

Carved jade and gold.

IMG_0928

How cool is this little one. My mother used to drive one in the old days. I really think they are wonderful little cars, but I have worked on one before and to work on that engine is  a nightmare. I seem to remember you got to remove the engine to change the water pump. It was a great concept perfectly ruined by the 60’s British engineering, a la British motor bikes.

 

IMG_0935

And here is another piece of engineering , ruinous or not. We shall see.

Here the Hell Hawk is standing in a defensive pose, with four legs on the ground and the two front one aiming the Gatling guns that will be fitted in the future.

I made swiveling  a center tower.

This will be the living quarters of the brave warriors that are in charge and drive this monster. It will eventually get a turret of guns at the top, with doors and windows as well.

IMG_0911

I made compression ball joint for the legs, so that they can be positioned in any way.

At this point they still just straight blocks, but later they will be carved and  poisonous spikes , guns and other toys children play with will be added.

IMG_0940

In the previous picture, the front legs are short. I was unhappy with this, because the attitude was wrong.

So I made some longer ones, thus increasing the killing range of the Hell Hawk.

Some people might be wondering why this war machine is called a Hell Hawk.

Do not fear, readers, the wings of this flying Dragon/ Beast are being designed as we speak.

Anyway, the current legs are only samples of what is to come. The will be made much more solid, with spikes and advanced weaponry attached to them.

I was emailed the other day with a question of how I made the cross bow. I shall in a future post lay the inner workings bare, including the trigger mechanism and bow release.

Once it is photographable, so to speak.

_MG_0655

Suffice to say, the actual spring steel was-- ah, removed from a wood saw.

Only a small portion, so the saw actually still works.

Sort of a win/win thing, in current speak.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

More Barrettes.        An ongoing project

 

zz-brass-hairclips20120412--(11)zz-brass-hairclips20120414-a2zz-brass-hairclips20120414-a5zz-brass-hairclips20120414-b6-(3)zz-brass-hairclips20120414-c-10zz-brass-hairclips20120414-e-2zz-brass-hairclips20120414-f-3-(4)zz-brass-hairclips20120414-g-4-(3)zz-brass-hairclips20120414-h-2

DSCN7192DSCN7194

I got even more, but they haven't been photographed yet.

Post a Comment