Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunny Days, The HELL HAWK and Barrettes.

 

IMG_0827

The other Wednesday it was a nice sunny day, so we went walkies.

You got to take the good days with both hands when they pitch and just GO.

IMG_0828

It’s spring in Europe.

So all the trees are growing leaves.

Very cool. 

This kind of picture that I took always reminds me of silkworms. As in spring in SA.

When I was a kid, I used to go out every morning into the garden and see if my  mulberry tree had grown more leaves since yesterday.

As soon at the leaves were about as big as in the picture, my silkworms would hatch and I could not wait.

So this picture is about spring.

Except that it was about 10 C  here and there are fuck all silkworms in Europe.

 

IMG_0858

Do not think that the Hell Hawk is not being birthed.

IMG_0860

The underside of the leg structure.

IMG_0865

I made some temporary legs out of various materials.

Just to see the attitude.

IMG_0869

The hell hawk is going to have articulated legs and shoot bolts of truth and honesty.

So shiver, all you sinners.

Your deep, darkest secrets will be exposed, once his arrows pierce you.

And those dark secrets will bake in the harsh sunlight of his truth.

Just kidding…………………………………..

_________________________________________

I got designs. Lots and lots.

All either barrettes or a bangle or a pendant, the choice is yours.

I am just trying to keep up with myself so I am posting my backlog designs.

Bear with me.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (27)

Fused bras on patinaed copper with a brass and bead motive.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (28)

Layered brass and copper.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (29)

Brushed copper and brass.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (30)

Acrylic back and brass fused copper.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (31)

Brass fused and coloured copper with a glass flower.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (1)

One of my more complicated designs.  First a copper layer.

Then a brass layer.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (2)

Then a  stylistic butterfly is set on a reticulated brass background.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (3)

And iridescent blue beads are set on the copper layer.

zz-brass-hairclips20120315--(40)

I think it came out cool.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (7)

Hammered ali, copper and brass.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (8)

 

Barretes,pendants and bangles (9)

 

Barretes,pendants and bangles (10)

 

Barretes,pendants and bangles (11)

 

Barretes,pendants and bangles (12)

 

Barretes,pendants and bangles (13)

 

Barretes,pendants and bangles (14)

 

Barretes,pendants and bangles (15)

Acrylic background and brass fused and coloured copper .

Barretes,pendants and bangles (16)

Different shape.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (17)

Acrylic back.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (18)

Ditto with fusung.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (19)

 

Barretes,pendants and bangles (20)

Another one of my more intricate designs.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (21)

Carved and cast bronze sea shell and star fish. I made these models many years ago and they kind of handy now.

zz-brass-hairclips20120315--(30)

Patinaed copper, fused on the edges.

I so like this one.

To me its just got the Caribbean colour and sea in it.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (22)

Folded copper with a brass border around it.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (23)

Acrylic background with coloured copper and a bronze stylistic flower.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (24)

Same kind of idea but different.

Barretes,pendants and bangles (25)

Sunset

Barretes,pendants and bangles (26)

This time, it’s a bangle.

Post a Comment