Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Steam Punk Dragon Bow loves Cos Play.

IMG_1799

I made the cover for the bottom.

I fastened it with 2mm brass screws that I made as well.

IMG_1801

Then I steam punked the “power unit” this is the boiler that actually powers the Dragon Bow.

IMG_1805

Here it is positioned on the leg structure.

IMG_1813

All the legs are finished up to polishing. All the spikes have been added and all the claws are razor sharp.

IMG_1819

I also made a copper mane that I mounted on his head.

I felt the head didn’t have enough ‘body’.

It took me a whole day to file it out of a solid piece.

At first it had six spikes, but as I filed it didn’t look right, so I cut it down spike by spike until it balanced.

IMG_1824

Then I turned on my lathe all the little spikes that screw onto the tail and make it articulated.

IMG_1839

Here they all screwed into place. I am still going to dome the washers on the body, but I ran out of threaded bar, so I will do that next week.

IMG_1828

Here is the Dragon Bow so far.

I really am not looking forward to the polishing phase. There are so many spikes and razor sharp edges that if it hooks on the polishing buff, tears and blood will with out a doubt ensue.

The next main phase will be the cross bow itself, a part I am really looking forward to.

Basically, I am going to finish the trigger and reloading mechanism and then make a few bolts ( arrows) and shoot the crap out of everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Last Saturday was Japan Day which brought out 700,000 people to Carlstadt here in Dusseldorf. Lots of cos play, and make no mistake the youngsters take this stuff seriously. I’m told they spend the whole year working on some of these costumes for this day.

IMG_1719

Don’t ask, but still cute.

IMG_1723

Lovely in pink.

IMG_1732

I was a beautiful day, warm, windless and sunny.

 

IMG_1759

It helps when you pretty to start with.

IMG_1740

Pretty in blue.

IMG_1758

This one has got a distinctive transvestite look.

IMG_1753

Lots of the kids go around in groups.

IMG_1769

And ‘Free Hugs” was the theme. This young lady also has' ‘free kisses’ in small writing on her sign.

Dang, it sucks to be old!

IMG_1768

I really liked these zombies.

IMG_1748

Good looking dude too.

IMG_1772

People were parked off on the grass and mellowing out.

IMG_1773

I took this picture of some camping ‘back to nature’ kids, and only when I was editing the picture did I notice the sleeping beauty in the bottom left corner.

  Ha ha ha--  a cute bum indeed.

IMG_1779

An serious pose from a serious lady.

IMG_1782

I’m not quite sure what their theme was. Japanese restaurant workers perhaps?

IMG_1777

There were a bunch of stands. This one was for car insurance but I am afraid they were more in need of auto tune.

IMG_1761

You got to figure.

An expensive camera, just lying there, totally ignored.

In St Maarten that thing would break the 100 meter sprint record, it would be gone so fast.

It’s absolutely great to live in such an honest society.

Post a Comment