Friday, July 27, 2012

The Cannon Bow

IMG_2762

I cast another two plates of bronze, rather than go looking for them here in Dusseldorf. I designed the forward wheel struts in the same manner as the trigger’

IMG_2765

Cutting them out and filing them was a real mission. Took most of last Sunday.

IMG_2769

Then the wheels. This is always a large amount of work, be that a wheel or a flywheel. This is a piece of wood that my friend Doug Hazelton gave me . I haven't the faintest idea what kind of wood, but it’s got a nice colour and it turns easily too.

IMG_2775

So here are the two outer rings.

 

IMG_2780

Then I turned out the inner hubs. Drilling the holes have to be kind of accurate other wise the spokes look out of sync, and that wouldn’t do now would it?

IMG_2788

These are temporary spokes. They going to be made more ornamental . Also, the wood wheel are going to get a brass band around them.

IMG_2809

Rough fitting.

IMG_2807

I am going to make the prod longer and the rear will still have some thingi on to raise it and give it a better attitude.

But this week end I am going to be working on the Dragon Bow’s video. Namely, showing how it shoot all kinds of thing kaput, like glass and balloons and stuff.

IMG_2747

This bunch are the protesters that are protesting better conditions for refugees.

IMG_2744

They are squatting under a bridge.

IMG_2746

It’s a hard life, this, sitting all day surfing the web as two generators put put away,powering your laptops, IPhones and hair dryers and stuff.

IMG_2602

I read in the local newspaper that the poor neo liberals are on hunger strike. Shame, they really having a tough time of it. Or maybe I’m wrong. Maybe those at the table are the poor underfed refugees.

Poor things.

IMG_2741

An art display in a park here.

Sigh.

Post a Comment