Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cold Stuff and the Palindrome Cannon.

 

IMG_8757

Dude, its cold.

This is a view from my bench.

IMG_8761

Kinda pretty, a close up of the car in the previous picture.

IMG_8726

The Palindrome rear legs being made.

After I design them with cardboard, then I cut the design out of 1mm brass.

Then I solder the front and the back and then start to solder all the curved pieces on.

Did I mention it’s a bucket load of work?

IMG_8781

I first made the leg joints like the bottom one pictured, but they didn’t really work like I wanted, so I designed a sort of universal joint.

IMG_8771

This worked much better, allowing for more movement in all directions.

I want this so that the Palindrome Cannon can be positioned in any kind of situation.

This is because when it is deployed as a weapon of retribution, it must be totally able to hunt down politicians, income tax collectors, pedophile priests and prosecutors and rappers.

Especially rappers-----the scourge of the music industry, right next to Justin twat Bieber and Beyoncé.

I digress.

IMG_8778

Then I made the rear hinges and completed the rear legs provisionally.

IMG_8780

Basically, I am just making the foundations , or the frame work, as it were.

Once all that is finished in it’s rough form, then the bells and whistles are added.

IMG_8783

These are the rest of the universal joints being made.

The as yet undesigned front legs will be weaponized, and I am thinking of making miniature switch blades in them.

But since we Dutch are a nation of pussies, I doubt very much I will be able to walk into a knife shop and ask to buy a switch blade knife so that I can take it apart to see how it works.

In fact, I bet that the Palindrome Cannon breaks a raft of wimp Dutch laws that will put me away for a life sentence.

You know, like buttering toast and wearing wooden clogs for the rest of your life in prison.

Mans-Cannon

In the good ‘ol days when men were men and cannons were cannons.

Man's-Chess

And  played chess like this.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Knifekits.com always used to have some informative pictures on their site - essentially it involved a flat coil spring around the pivot and a release button.

Had around 20cm of fluffy frozen water on my car on Friday. Makes getting anywhere a bit of a nuisance.

Hans Meevis said...

Thanks, Peter, I will go check it out.