Monday, January 21, 2013

Earrings and Stuff.

 

IMG_8709

Finished these earrings and she was happy. Whew….

These were made with the collets that I made the jig for a few posts ago.

There is some more work I got to do.

Maybe a heart shaped pendant set with a trillion diamonds and also a three diamond ring that has coloured diamonds.

Then also maybe a Larimar ring with 18kt gold for someone in Switzerland..

We’ll see how they pan out.

In the meantime it’s frikken cold here.

IMG_8722

Ice for my whiskey.

IMG_8723

Very pretty though.

IMG_8725

The only way to get the snow off is to hook up with a hot chick inside…….right?

IMG_8743

After a hectic morning last week we took the arvie off and went for lunch at a new Chinese restaurant that we had been threatening to go to for ever, called the China Star.

Turned out to be really nice , and on the way back we went really native and had an ice cream.

The locals eat ice cream no matter what the weather.

Nobody even gave Anne a second glance.

IMG_8702

Everybody always stands outside our shop and peers at me like I am in a zoo, which is not to far off the mark.

Anyway, I got Anne to take a picture of me at work setting diamonds just so I could see what they all looking at.

No wonder they all look confused and that is only part of my workshop.

_______________________________________

The other day I saw an  article on CNN .

And there was ‘ol Hugh Hefner, standing next to the proverbial blond from Playboy.

And he married her.

He at 86 and she at  26.

Now I got to say, the dude has,  from any hetro male’s perspective, had the best job in the world form a long, long time.

Like from 1953 or there abouts.

I know they consenting adults and all that, but frack it man, there is a sixty years difference between them.

So I am 57 now.

That means I would be marrying some one who is going to be born in three years from now.

Consenting adults or not, I find that a bit creepy.

I mean, if I put an advert in the newspaper that said “ I will marry your unborn child in 29 years from now,--- I got money”

I’d get arrested.

Freaky, man.

Seriously-cool

Now this is more my freaky style. Cool or what?

IMG_8729

The Palindrome Canon moves forward.

I am actually a bit further than this picture shows, but I have really been struggling with the design of the rear leg joints.

Made them about four times over, but I think I have them nailed down now.

In the next post.

Post a Comment