Sunday, January 13, 2013

Futheration of the Palindrome.

 

IMG_8586

Then I started on the front.

IMG_8663

And I soldered a copper base on.

Sort of tricky, that.

IMG_8673

Then I added a brass frame and made a sort of tail thingi.

I got a basic idea where I want to go, but I am not sure how to do it.

IMG_8678

Upside down.

IMG_8684

I turned out a potential rear  middle leg joint and made two more for the other legs.

I think at this stage that the front legs are going to be water scorpion style.

a

As in large and grabbing.

I used to keep one of these in a fish tank when I lived in Kasane.

It chomped all the fish up, but it was an awesome machine of nature.

IMG_8686

Here is a sideways picture. The three future leg joints are turned and mounted.

IMG_8687

I kind of like the canon look, although I might buy some more bronze and make a bigger one.

This is quite nice with a fantasy piece that uses a canon.

Canons are not difficult to make, so I can chop and change them as I wish.

With the Dragon bow type of pieces, the bow is an integral part of the machine.

So once you decide that this is the way you going to go, any changes are fracking difficult.

IMG_8699

This is as far as I am now.

I decided to make the middle legs first. I just got to figure out how to articulate them

No problem.

Work

It’s fracking –3C outside, so guess who is staying inside and working?

IMG_8369

My dude Schpeckles.

Checking out the scene.

2 comments:

Sandra Graves / Isis Rising said...

The cannon is starting to look pretty kewl, and legs like that bug *shiver* should be excellent. Gotta love Schpeckles, and I totally understand that overarching darkness bit. It does suck, yes? But hey, I'm at 5F (-15C) right now, so yeah - total suckness!

- Sandra

kole said...

Was thinking as I read this: Cool, super cool, EW BUG, coool.... OH A CUTE BIRD!!!