Thursday, February 14, 2013

Carnival and Stuff

You know, I am all for having a good time and I can party with the best of them.

And I’ve got the liver scars to prove it.

But frack it man, am I glad the blerry carnival is over here in Dusseldorf.

The carnival here is the weirdest thing out.

Normal people get into the most ridiculous costumes ( cool) and then proceed to get fucked motherless drunk---- ASAP.

IMG_9225

One ‘o clock in the afternoon. This chick simply could not walk.

And I didn’t photo all her girlie bits that were exposed.

Problem is that kids of sixteen can buy booze at supermarkets and petrol stations  as easy as buying a pie.

The problem is so bad that the authorities want to charge the parents one hundred euro to cover the costs of treatment for alcohol poisoning.

IMG_9222

Whoops!

Mind the recycled food.

IMG_9226

Trust me this lot are all seeing double, including our ass grabber.

I just get myself out of there, because if some one pukes over me, violence will ensue, trust me.

The last part of the carnival is called aschermittwoch, roughly meaning ash wednesday.

They ‘bury’ the old dude and make a political statements of events that happened in the last year.

We were invited to a doo da restaurant to celebrate the out going old.

IMG_9431

They had this roving band that walked around the restaurant making the most god awful noise imaginable.

OK, they were traditional German songs but that loud it just becomes white noise.

IMG_9447

Then later a ‘pastor’ and entourage comes around and gives a humorous speech concerning past events and everybody “cries” at the loss.

Kinda fun and weird at the same time.

And it was hard work for the pastor.

IMG_9451

I was fascinated at the drop of sweat hanging off his schnozz.

I kept on taking a photo to see if it would eventually fall, but it never did.

You know, one of those pictures that win Landrovers and stuff-- ha ha .

IMG_9417

Last year the lake was all frozen over.

This year it isn’t but don’t kid yourself,  it’s still frikken cold.

IMG_9426

No, she is not wearing headphones.

Just protecting the ears and cutting out my endless drivel.

IMG_9280

Here is Tjillip, my new little dude.

I am getting him tame slowly.

He’s one of those nervous birds so it’s taking longer than normal.

Still, he’s really feisty.

He regularly gives Schpeckles a hiding.

So funny

IMG_9334

And speaking of.

Taking cover.

1 comment:

Sandra Graves / Isis Rising said...

I'm finally getting a chance to catch up.

Love the larimer with the set diamond. I've always adored the color of Larimer, have some around in my studio somewhere.... yeah!

Fortunately we're too cold to have any outdoor Carnival celebrations. People just go to New Orleans if they want a party with lots of upchucking.

The small scorpion-like beastie feet are amazing! Watch out below!

Love your new flying companion. You're so great with getting them tame and they are adorable.

- Sandra