Thursday, March 14, 2013

Palindrome and snow.

IMG_9891

I dumped the goggas that I had made for the center legs.

I just didn’t think they go with the rest of the feel of the piece.

Instead, I am going to make some wax carved and Delft cast industrial looking legs endings.

No big deal, I will use them for another project I have in mind.

IMG_9893

This is the control panel three quarters finished.

Dang, but this thing is difficult to photograph when it is all polished up and shiny.

IMG_9894

I have left these pictures big, so if you click on them more detail can be seen.

IMG_9855

One of the gauges. All I still have to do is to cut the glass for then and add the needle.

IMG_9854

Polished steam expansion chamber. ( Hey, it’s my party, so I can name it anything I want. )

IMG_9858

The pilots chair, that swivels, of course.

It’s 20 x 50mm in size.

IMG_9858-a

Here is the chair in context to the rest.

Complicated, it nothing else.

IMG_9859

This is the variable resistor that controls the heat of the steam.

IMG_9840

Here is a picture of the rear control panel photographed one mili second after it exploded.

 

 

IMG_9892

A classic Steam Punk chimney.

 

IMG_9868

I hammer finished the brass rings. I like the industrial look.

IMG_9872

Now I am going to work on the body and feet.

I think this project will be finished at the end of May, which is cool because then it is not so fricken cold.

Then I am going to take it outside for photographs and firing the cannon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_9827

We had to go get gas and as we were driving to the store, we were amazed at the glass lying on the road.

I thought it must have fallen from a truck ahead of us.

Ha ha,  newbies in Europe.

It was ice that had fallen off a truck.

We learn.

IMG_9832

We were invited out to go and eat mussels at this restaurant.

It was snowing something fierce before.

IMG_9830

Which made for some nice pictures.

IMG_9831

All the little leaves looked like they were covered in cotton.

IMG_9839

That’s the pavement.

IMG_2161

A far cry from mid summer.

Just wait, it will come and then we can start cycling again.

I can’t wait.

Post a Comment