Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Steampunking the Palindrome Cannon.

IMG_9801

This is one of the control levers that operate the legs and mandibles.

 

IMG_9800

An expansion chamber for the steam. It still will get some gauges and do daas on it.

IMG_9798

This is a gauge with the stop cock in place.

It still needs the gauge dial and needle and glass.

IMG_9759

I needed a rod of brass on Sunday.

It is not possible to buy anything on a Sunday in Germany, so I cast it with Delft sand in an old beer can.

IMG_9764

Then I turned the gauge out on my lathe.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

IMG_9795

This is so far.

Still lots to come, like ladders, chimneys and plenty of tubing.

IMG_9670

I don’t think I have EVER seen something in such bad taste.

Yes, they dead, and stuffed and cut in half.

IMG_9672

I can just imagine bringing some sensitive Fraulein home, and this is in your bed room.

Passion killer or what!

IMG_9771

Yesterday was the first blue sky day we have had for a long time.

The Magpies were out and about.

IMG_9775

So that afternoon we went out with a couple of ales and wine and parked off at our favorite bridge overlooking the mighty Rhine.

Serious klasse. You boat your cabbie to Dusseldorf.

You see the dude in the bottom right corner of the picture?

He is tough with those bare arms, trust me.

I still froze my ass off after an hour.

Still a long way to go to summer.

At least the Formula 1 starts in two weeks time.

IMG_8499

When any calculator dies in my presence, it gets rolled.

It is the screech and crackle as it gets flattened that does it for me……………..

Post a Comment