Monday, April 29, 2013

The Palindrome Cannon Nearly Finished.

 

OK, when I say nearly finished, I mean that:

Rough polish done-check.

Basic assembly done-check.

Gold plating done – non check.

Display case made – non check.

Buyer found – non check.

IMG_0702

But does it look mean or what.

 

IMG_0670

It spans about 600mm wide and about 350mm high and it weighs about 8 kg’s.

IMG_0706

The rear end, one that the devastated enemies mostly see.

If they are alive, that is.

 

IMG_0679

So now I have to make a display case, which is another mission.

I think I am going to put mirror on the bottom of the case so the underside detail can be seen.

This is the typical piece that suffers from ‘project creep’, as I name it.

I swear, my next one is going to stay in tight parameters this time

I think I said that as well when I finished the Dragon Cross bow.

Here is a video I uploaded to You Tube.

I had to make a spinning kind of table so the thing can turn around and then I lay on the floor and hand turned it while Anne did the camera work.

Sophisticated, if nothing else.

Post a Comment