The Palindrome Cannon needed a ladder.
Otherwise the pilot would have to clamber up, and being the pilot and a person of some stature, this would not be acceptable.
I roll out a strip of brass about 2mm x 4mm.
I first drill one hole and then temporally rivet it. This locks the two sides and then I drill out two more holes and rivet them.
Then I drill the rest of the holes. The have to be exact, otherwise the steps would not be parallel.
The slot in the bottom will lock into the leg rail on the cannon.
Turning the steps.
Getting them all in and straight was a bit tricky.
Done and soldered and sanded.
The banister supports I made by fusing a little bobeltjie and the drilling it out.
I figured that the copper I was going to use would shift under the heat so I used steel piano wire first.
Worked like a charm.
The copper slipped in easy. Here is it before final finishing.
Done, all nicely pre polished.
And now the pilot can climb into the drivers seat in the manner that befits a person of such stature.
Now all the legs and mandibles have been finished up to pre polish.
So now I work on the body again.
I see a light at the end of the tunnel.