Saturday, August 24, 2013

It’s Back! and the Food Fair

IMG_1124

GIGANTIC SIGH!

It’s back.

She changed her mind.

She wants it on a different finger.

Like six sizes more…………………..

I intensely dislike  changing something perfectly finished.

But then again, Linda Lovelace also didn’t like some things she had to do….I’m sure.

I haven't done much on the Fodiator bow lately because I been working on some tutorials.

A brand new Australian Goldsmithing magazine asked me, for a fee, to make some feature tutorials.

24

So the first one I was asked to make is a step by step tutorial on how to make a box catch.

IMG_2058

Then I made one for the second edition a step by step on how to make a Halo ring.

You can check out the website and stuff here

http://australiangoldsmith.com.au/

That kicked off a whole lot of tutorial back orders for my own website.

Thing is, I got a whole lot of free tutorials on my site.

The basic ones like how to make a buff stick, or how to draw wire are cool.

But the more complicated ones like plique-à-jour jewellery or gem carving were generating far to many questions.

Now, I got no problem with people asking me questions.

But when I spend an hour answering a complicated plique-à-jour question, and the person does not even have the fuck good manners to say “OK” or “Fine thanks” I get really pissed off.

New York people and Dutch students are the worst.

So I am making all the complicated ones pay to view.

Put your money where your question is, as it were.

 

IMG_1137

This weekend there is a ‘Gourmet food fair’ here in Dusseldorf.

So Anne and I went and checked it out.

IMG_1136

All the white tents.

IMG_1139

This stand came from Spain. Man o man is that meat delicious.

We bought 100 grams ( EU 8, mind you)

Then we went quaff some wine  and ate the entire lot and then we went back and bought another 100 grams

Also bought some amazing cheese from Italy.

IMG_1138

Cool dinner table. The likes of me was not invited however.

IMG_1126

That why this shit is so expensive.

IMG_1127

Ha ha , take the good with the bad.

IMG_1153

Lowering the tone of the neighborhood with my beautiful wife.

 

IMG_1159

And this was supper.

With a bottle of some great wine.

Tough, but someone’s got to do it.

Post a Comment