I made this ring as a tutorial for http://australiangoldsmith.com.au/ the new goldsmithing magazine.
I have been sent my first copy and it should arrive next week.
Looking forward to that one.
For a long time I have been hassled with the inefficiency of my setting and graver set up.
Namely, I use hand gravers for setting and I also have a set of Gravermax gravers.
So in one bench I have the old with the new and therefore two of everything.
So in a fit of lethargy I decided to do something about it.
It used to look like this.
So now I rearranged it like this.
And the second drawer looks like this.
To start the unification of the opposing factions of gravers, I first turned a new holder for the Gravermax faction.
Which, when it was finished, looked like this.
This then fitted the Gravermax gravers.
The black part slides into the silver part.
Then I fitted the stainless steel sleeve into a graver handle.
Sprayed it gold and Viola!.
The quick change hand powered handle.
And the Gravermax graver in the power driven handle .
End of war in my drawer.
Check the cool propeller I made out of brass for my bicycle.
So now I can pretend I’m flying too.