Saturday, September 28, 2013

New Graver Handles and Tutorial.

IMG_0544

 

I made this ring as a tutorial for http://australiangoldsmith.com.au/ the new goldsmithing magazine.

I have been sent my first copy and it should arrive next week.

Looking forward to that one.

___________________________________________

For a long time I have been hassled with the inefficiency of my setting and graver set up.

Namely, I use hand gravers for setting and I also have a set of Gravermax gravers.

So in one bench I have the old with the new and therefore two of everything.

So in a fit of lethargy I decided to do something about it.

 

drawer

It used to look like this.

Untitled-1

So now I rearranged it like this.

 

Bench-Mod

And the second drawer looks  like this.

 

IMG_0710

To start the unification of the opposing factions of gravers, I first turned a new holder for the Gravermax faction.

IMG_0712

Which, when it was finished, looked like this.

IMG_0713

This then fitted the Gravermax gravers.

The black part slides into the silver part.

 

IMG_0711

Then I fitted the stainless steel sleeve into a graver handle.

IMG_0714

Sprayed it gold and Viola!.

The quick change hand powered handle.

IMG_0722

And  the Gravermax graver in the power driven handle .

Result?

End of war in my drawer.

 

IMG_0705

Check the cool propeller I made out of brass for my bicycle.

So now I can pretend I’m flying too.

Post a Comment