Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Pterosaurus Bow and Autumn.

 

IMG_0656

I started.

Slowly.

IMG_0663

Drew it out more accurately.

I made the basic cross bow mechanism and cut out the spring steel for the bow.

With an angle grinder.

IMG_1074

Then I strung the bow with some rubbish cable I have just to see if it will work.

Then I started on the body.

I make a paper model first.

It is much easier to cut paper than brass.

IMG_1076

Dude—the wings are cut and the basic top body is made .

I really like the bat like look.

It’s like a sort of cross between a seagull and a bat.

Purposeful.

IMG_1086

And then the bow broke.

Frack, so I angle grinded ( ground ) another on with more vooma.

 

IMG_1100

And then I started making the tensioning lever thingy’s.

The body of the bow is only 60mm long so it is a tiny little thing.

IMG_1081

I also started to inlay it into the top of the Ptero’s body.

IMG_1129

Like this.

The cocking mechanism works well now.

IMG_1124

So now it also shoots well.

The paper clipboard has the bolt ( arrow) in it.

It is very strong, as in it goes through 10 mm of paper.

IMG_1140

All those screws and bolts and things are only temporary.

IMG_1141

They going to be changed into rear legs, punk style.

Coming to a computer near you.

__________________________________________

Some more Autumn Sunsets.

IMG_1070

A localized rainbow high in the sky. ( Click on the pic )

IMG_1115

Dusseldorf Sunset.

Ambient temperature 13C

Wind speed, 60 to 100 k’s

IMG_1064

There are beautiful contrasting colours at this time of the year.

I think that the most beautiful place and season in the world is spring in South Africa, where everything bursts into life in a month or so, but Europe has a handle on autumn, where everything does a colourful, slow change to a white death.

Even though winter is around the corner, it is a beautiful change.

 

Pet-Ant-Hans

We have a lot in common.

Post a Comment