Friday, November 8, 2013

Pendants, Horse parts and the Ptero Bow.

IMG_1207

Finished an internet order for a 18ct pendant with rutilated quartz.

She lost it and so I had to make it from a VERY grainy picture.

IMG_1190

This could be called the most expensive fridge magnet I have ever made.

It’s for the owner of some building company. Don’t let the simplicity fool you I took more than 30 hours to make.

I had to fire it at least 12 times.

IMG_1192

The back has four little handmade screws, holding the back on.

 

IMG_1150

Been working on my Ptero Bow.

I made half a dozen paper models until I got to this one

 

IMG_1153

Then I made the head after the rough draft of the back legs

IMG_1183

Here is the basic head, about to be cut.

IMG_1212

Then  cut the lower mandible, ( ha! bet you didn’t think I knew such fancy words, right?) and then made some silver bottom teeth.

IMG_1228

Here is the rough head idea.

IMG_1234

So now the next thing is to modify the neck so that the cross bow can fire.

Don’t worry, I knew the neck would be in the way……….

IMG_1235

Just wait, this one is going to off many, many corrupt politicians.

 

IMG_1173

Took this photo last week at the Rhine markt they hold every once and a while.

She gets road rash kissing him.

IMG_1167

There was this British scandal awhile ago when they found horsemeat in sausages and all, but here in Fritz land there was none such.

The sign proclaims “Everything from the horse”

IMG_1170

So I f you feel like a Trigger horse fillet, or maybe a Black Beauty goulash, here is the place you get your raw ingredients.

And the stand was BUSY!

IMG_0966

And in other unrelated news, Hans likes dried out marshmallows.

Anne's-Hair

Yesterday, Anne had her hair cut and I must say he did a good job

Finding a good hairdresser is difficult.

I had a friend in Pretoria who was absolutely useless which was really awkward, to a good one in St Maarten to a couple of rejects in Dusseldorf, to this one now.

So, no more tears.

And in the engineering section of this post,

BEHOLD ----the wobbly motor!!

Post a Comment