Thursday, November 14, 2013

Titanium Ring

 

IMG_1245

Drill.

Now of course if I had a nice piece of titanium round bar we would just turn the ring out, but I havn’t, so I cant.

IMG_1247

The hard way then…Cut the edges off.

This is where you find out you bought lousy hacksaw blades. One make that I bought that was quite expensive lasted two strokes and they were blunt.

It is amazing how much junk is sold in Germany.

IMG_1250a

Then file  the hell out of it until we gent the right size on the inside and then nicey nicey on the outside.

IMG_1262

Then drill the four holes and draw gold wire down so that is fits as snugly as a whatsisname in a you know what.

IMG_1264

I cut the little stubs off and then pre peen them first and then stick then from the bottom through and peen then from the top.

Then I don’t have to moer so much in the inside of the ring.

IMG_1266

Once they bliksemend good and proper I file them down a bit .

IMG_1268

Then I anneal them and tap and file them until they smooth.

 

IMG_1274

I want to get to this stage with the gold perfectly annealed.

It makes for easy setting

IMG_1289

These were set pavé style  and the ring was kept matt as per order.

___________________________________________________

Post a Comment