Friday, February 21, 2014

Birth’s for the Record

IMG_3759

Titanium mesh and Thompson transparent enamels that are ground and washed in a porcelain bowl before firing.

 

IMG_3760

The underside of the mesh, showing a strip of stainless steel foil to prevent any overheating of the tail and bail.

IMG_3762

I’ve left the pictures at a 1000 pixels .

The background is finished off with a diamond bur.

IMG_3764

Fired.

Normally I would add another layer onto the wings, but I like the ‘concave’ look of the wings cells.

IMG_3800

Then I set some diamonds and two itsy beeni teeni weeni emeralds and engraved the head.

IMG_3778

I messed around with colouring the titanium trees gold, but it looked poofi so I re-engraved them and kept then bright silver.

I added a colour change Zirconia that I had cut before in St Maarten.

IMG_3777

It is a really beautiful stone , synthesis notwithstanding.

Colour change cubics are my absolute favorite stone.

Thing is, the pendant can also be worn without the dragonfly, so there had to be a more focused look.

 

IMG_3780

Like this.

 

IMG_3787

Cute and it looks nice on a chain.

 

IMG_3774

Next job is to get everything fitted and tidy.

Post a Comment