The general I idea I was going with.
I had black paper as my background and I was messing around with the positioning of the two baby grubs.
Then I went to Bauhaus and bought some steel for the background.
The brass reeds screw into the steel with silver screws that I made.
33 of them.
They were painted with a Satin finish black—the frame and background, I mean.
Finishing off always takes such a long time and the re-assembly is very stressful, because if you make a mistake and scratch or bend something then it’s a couple of steps back.
Excluding store bought screws and nuts, it consists of about 240 separate pieces.
These are the individual components of the pendant.
I changed the Cubic Zirconia.
I love the colour, but using a CZ in such a complicated piece was just not keeping up with the Jones’ses.
I had a really beautiful Amethyst that I cut to the right size and I set that instead.
I also set an emerald and a diamond in the head.
Then I made a little holder for the two chains that will go with this sculpture.
One for the big pendant and one for the gold dragonfly.
A little bit like a kalabash.
With a cute little lid that has a piece of glass fitted in it.
You can see one of the chains in it.
Took me about a day to make.
The pendant with the dragonfly on it .
I made a detachable plate so it can be engraved easier.
Finished, in the cold harsh workshop light.
Here I am experimenting with LED lighting.
My original concept would be to have strategically placed led’s placed in the frame.
Then there would be solar charging plates on the frame, that charge a big fat capacitor during the day and run at night.
Much like those garden walkway light thingy's.
The next sculpture will have them.
It’s already planned and it’s called “ Nest”
Coming to a blog near you.