Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Zelda Ring.

IMG_4162

I got an order to make a rather unusual ring.

It’s modeled on a game called Zelda and had to have some specific design elements in it.

The curls, the vines all of it.

First, the colour of the gem and also the cut of it.

IMG_3487

It had to have a six sided reflector in it.

So I cut a couple of samples and eventually this one was selected.

 

IMG_4161

Definitely different.

 

IMG_4223

I also made and set this set of earrings this week.

It’s for my somewhat difficult customer who I have mentioned before.

They look very elegant on Anne’s ears.

Lets hope my customer thinks the same of them on her ears.

IMG_3060

I quite like Germans.

They are retentive, obsessive, have fuckall sense of humor and love ordering people about.

But they clever and honest and that for me is very important.

They are also, like the Dutch,  frikken lazy and unambitious.

Oh, and they also tax everything.

The picture shows some Saltpeter and Boric acid.

In St Maarten it would cost about $20.

Here, that little lot cost me EU63.

And that is after the chemist gave me the third degree, made me sign multiple times in a register and asked me if I was making a bomb.

My face just grinned and said no.

My mind wanted to grab the little Stasi  runt and give him a snot klap.

 

IMG_4182

And then here is the weird thing.

They do stuff like this.

 Such-Dog

So wow.

Very Spiderman.

Much silk.

IMG_3436

Germans are also very Catholic.

So there is no shopping on Sunday, which pisses me off something terrible.

Which is also the reason why there is no morning after pill available over the counter, unlike the rest of the world.

The Catholic church are experts at pregnancy matters and have determined over many decades of practice that the morning after pill is not needed because little boys can’t fall pregnant anyway.

So a few Sunday’s ago, we took ourselves to Venlo, a nearby Dutch city where the elder half of Germany goes to do groceries on Sunday and the younger half goes to buy weed.

The only Dutch in the grocery store were the shop assistants. The rest were German.

 

IMG_4238

The Nest,  relentlessly being built.

The wings are going to have heat-blued titanium inlay.

 

IMG_3064

Schpeckels, doing his own nest thing.

He’s weird.

Post a Comment