Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Flower 2.

 

IMG_4930

So then I made all the sections hinged,

I want it to fold apart.

 

IMG_4931

Here they all cleaned up.

 

IMG_4934

Then I started cladding the bottom of each section with copper sheet.

 

IMG_4942

This was my first idea.

I kept the opening part.

 

IMG_4957

Gauge,  I had to make a bunch of 2mm screws.

I made them long, so I can screw things down on the outside of the flower.

 

IMG_4958

Like this.

They had to have itsy bitsi heads and the screw slot was a 3/0 saw blade thickness, so I ground a dedicated screw driver for them.

I make a lot of different screws in a project like this.

 

IMG_4979

When I finished the cladding I made it fold into a flower shape.

It looks simple, but trust me Gauge, it took me two days to get it to fold and lock into place comfy style.

 

IMG_4980

This is when it’s unfolded.

 

IMG_4988

Made the bottom fixture to attach it to the back ground as well.

 

IMG_5012

Then I made the bottom petals.

IMG_5029

So this is what the flower looks like closed. It is still going to get decorations added onto the outside.

This time I am welding the frame together.

Nest is slightly bigger that Birth.

 

IMG_5025

 

And this is what it looks like open.

All the petals are going to get finished off.

I’m thinking of making 5 miniature oil paintings on the inside petals that depict five different birds in flight.

Anyway the next is the branches and support for the actual nest.

Post a Comment