Sunday, May 4, 2014

Flower Inside

 

IMG_5034

The Flower – empty.

Ultimately, it will have a titanium ring in it.

 

IMG_5213

 

I made some cardboard designs and I eventually settled on this one.

 

IMG_5215

I draw some different shapes and then when I choose one, I make it in metal and then draw the next four from that template.

Then I stick the cut out cardboard shapes inside and see if I like the flower.

I quite liked the fold over to the middle bit when they closed.

 

IMG_5217

Decision jpg, make in metal now or make another cardboard cut out?

I  made them in metal.

 

IMG_5219

I cut out a pattern in the front and then bent them inwards.

Afterwards, I screwed them down from the other side so that the brass has the thread, because copper and silver suck at keeping threads.

 

IMG_5230

I drew out a design.

IMG_5232

So I cut it out of a thin strip of titanium that I had rolled down to 0.5 mm.

Next is to cut four more and to finish them to blue.

The screws at the bottom will get gem nuts and the copper I think I am going to chemically  colour .

I’d like the copper to have a bit more say.

 

IMG_5227

Gauge.

Post a Comment