Sunday, September 28, 2014

Nest’s Humming Bird

 

IMG_0070

I played around with making a window type thing.

You know, one of those “I’m looking down a passage” things.

 

IMG_0079

So I engraved and cut out a titanium one.

I figured I will blue the titanium and then sand it down so that the blue in the engraved lines would remain.

But it looked so miff that I simply abandoned that direction there and then and changed tack again.

IMG_0081

I pierced and filed this design out of 3mm titanium plate and then made the background out of 1mm plate.

IMG_0095

Looked much better than a square thing.

IMG_0103

I decided that just the titanium border was not deep enough, so I made a silver filler in between.

IMG_0100

Like this.

This was quite cool because it allowed me to add more detail to the actual face of the pendant.

IMG_0109

I added a diamond at the top and a stylistic nest at the bottom with three itsy teeni gold eggs in it.

At first I blued the front titanium, but it became too dark so I re polished it to a shiny look.

IMG_0123

These are all the finished components before final assembly.

IMG_0133

Done.

 

IMG_0132

Side view.

IMG_0144

It is 63 mm high and 43 mm wide.

It weighs 43 grams.

The pendant is set with a .15ct ruby, a 0.7ct diamond and a 0.8 ct emerald.

IMG_0127

I riveted a back plate on this gold studs.

The plate has all the stamps of the metals used and also meevis.com on it.

The rest of the plate is for dedication engraving.

So now all the jewellery of nest is finished.

 

IMG_8645

The ring first

Here

IMG_8736

The titanium spider,

Here

IMG_0140

Cool or what……………..

Post a Comment