Monday, November 10, 2014

Dragon Stuff.

IMG_1046

‘Ol bright eyes decided he needed an example of how to do the legs and head of the Dragon.

Plasticine or clay seemed the answer.

So I took myself off to the local art supply shop.

Eventually I found some at an art shop about two kilometers from my shop.

Six bucks for six kilo’s.

Which I carried back.

I became quite heavy after a while,—very heavy, in fact.

IMG_1041

Rough, but it gave me an idea of the size.

IMG_1049

Then I carved some leg blanks out of hard wax.

IMG_1066

And a neck and head.

IMG_1075

I carve them from two slices of wax that I temporally melt together and then when I have the basic shape down I split them and the I have a mirror image set.

IMG_1076

Then I cut them in half again, so I got four parts and the cast then each individually.

This keeps the quantity of metal being cast down to a manageable level.

delft

In Delft cast a lot on my projects.

_

This is part of the neck bottom that has been cast.

IMG_1174

Here I am soldering the top and bottom of the head together.

IMG_1175

Gauge.

IMG_1178

The rough head stuck on with double sided tape.

As what so often happens, one part makes the other look wrong—namely the legs.

IMG_1183

So I carved and cast some new ones.

IMG_1188

Now I am making new talons for the legs.

I like the legs much better now.

IMG_1189

So here we are now.

After the basic legs are finished, I do the tail and then the wings.

Then I go back and start finishing everything off.

That will be the most work still.

Dragon's-Breath

My Dragon steam engine.

DSCN7838

My dragon cross bow.

I like Dragons.

Post a Comment