To make the tail I had to take all the off cuts of wax and melt then into a pot so I got a big fat chunk.
Once it was cool I cut an oversize tail out of it and started carving.
Until I got here.
Then I cast the interface with the body.
I cut the tail in four sections to make casting easier.
It screws in.
Designing the wings.
They are going to be made with a brass frame work and clad in copper.
About a year ago, my sis in law was here with the family.
When she left she gave Anne a plant with flowers.
Normally in a workshop with absolutely no natural daylight, heavy duty fumes and smoke and chemicals, plants croak very fast.
So I put this victim on the top of my screw shelf and said “Dude, it is now up to you”.
“ I’ll give you water, and talk to you like Prince Charles does, but the growing part is up to you”
His name is now Survival.
He grew a bunch of leaves and then proceeded to start growing some serious new flowers.
All under fluorescent lights.
My kind of plant---never stop, never give up.