Sunday, May 10, 2015

The Piston Ring and the Parrot

 

IMG_5915 (2)

I made a piston ring,

The crankshaft was quite tricky, I made it four times before I got it right.

I also made the ‘piston’ twice. I turned it out of titanium.

IMG_5923 (2)

Then I pierced out some titanium plate to give some strength to the silver and also just because I thought it would look cool.

IMG_5954 (2)

The I temporally riveted everything together and filed and sanded them down.

 

IMG_5957 (2)

Gauge.

 

IMG_5968 (2)

Here are all the parts just after spontaneous unscheduled separation.

 

.IMG_5965 (2)

I inlayed some gold into the piston and set some diamonds and Hauyne into it.

This is a stone that is found in Germany and it’s very bright blue and soft, but since the piston is very protected it’s OK to put in a ring.

It’s a bitch to set, though—you just look at it a poof, it’s dustified.

 

IMG_5967 (2)

And I set a Sandawana emerald straight into the titanium on the top.

Also very easy to dustify.

 

IMG_5990 (2)

Finished

IMG_6006 (2)

Looks mean.

IMG_6009 (2)

When you turn the little cog, the piston moves back and forth.

IMG_6003 (2)

Just for fun

I doubt anyone will ever buy it.

IMG_5356

There have not been many days yet where we could go out cycling.

These are flowers under plastic.

IMG_5424

These were a couple of bro’s pushing a shopping trolley filled with beer for a party at the river.

You got to grab a good day when it comes.

IMG_5371

Anne also grabs a good thing when she can!

IMG_5544

There was this guy who I had seen around walking with an amazon on his shoulder and so when he walked past the shop I called him in

His name is Boris, a nice guy too and his parrot called Pepe.

Pepe REALLY liked our cage and slotted in so well, he didn’t actually want to leave.

IMG_5540

The other two were somewhat wary of this giant bird.

The little one stayed vas in the cage, not moving and inch, ha ha

Post a Comment