Monday, November 30, 2015

The Workshop and the Dragonfly Fighter.

 

 

IMG_0078

The workshop is set up.

IMG_0085

The lathe and stuff on the other side.

IMG_0089

It’s got nice big doors

----------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_0641

I was going to make the cockpit with rounded edges, but I decided on angular flat surfaces so that the glass is easier to install and it gives a military look.

IMG_0668

So I made the window out of half round struts because of the glass coming later.

IMG_0698

The basic wings are made out of 0.7 mm copper.

I put oil on the paper so that it gets absorbed and lubricates the blade while I cut.

IMG_0702

After much angst I settled on this shape for the base bottom where I hope I can figure out how to attach the six legs and the head and tail.

Made out of 1 mm brass sheet.

IMG_0740

Then the first part of the wing structure.

.IMG_0744

All the top edging of the wings cut out.

Then there is bottom edging coming.

but first the basic structure before all the bells and whistles.

 

 

 

 

 

Post a Comment