Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Dragonfly Machine.

 

IMG_0758

The wings will be finished off at the top and the bottom with the brass edging. I will rivet them on later.

IMG_0785

Making the body.

I used an egg to get the measurements of the panels.

I first made a quick copper model just to check and then pierced them out of 1 mm brass plate.

Brass plate is a bigger commitment, because you got to pierce it out.

IMG_0786

Soldering them together required some patience.

IMG_0788

I found that if the two quarters lined up correctly, you were good to go for the rest of the ‘egg’

IMG_0793

Soldering the whole egg was an exercise in patience.

IMG_0797

Breakfast time.

IMG_0803

And thusly, I made two more.

IMG_0813

And here we are now.

IMG_0820

The start of the head design.

_______________________________________________

IMG_0735

We bought a car cover. Didn’t last very long I’m afraid.

The wind is fierce here sometimes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Post a Comment