Wednesday, January 20, 2016

More work.

 

 

IMG_1800

Anyway I didn’t like the claws so I carved and cast some new front legs.

IMG_1825

They were also kak.

So I carved another front leg and when I stuck it on, it looked too organic.'

The same attitude was applied to the second attempt. Albeit a bit earlier.

Like the actual 'feel' of the piece is flat and constructed' and these would not go well with the flavor of the piece.

Bah.

IMG_1826

Back to square one.

IMG_1843

 

Sand casting—cut the wax out.

IMG_1844

Here is a test tail that I cut out from a paper design.

 

IMG_1851

Them legs with the copper work still to be done.

 

IMG_1839

I sand cast a whole bunch of shapes that I will need.

Normally I wouldn't cast so many at once, but I had just aintjies in my gas bottle and it’s a good way to finish it.

I have to go to Germany to get it.

IMG_1901

I carved the front leg/gun platform in wax and also sand cast them.

IMG_1910

The head will be moved forward.

IMG_1914

The head is the thing I will be working on next.

IMG_1894

I used a test piece to work out the size of the pipes that will connect the head to the body via a central control column.

 

IMG_1923

Setting up the angle of the wings

IMG_1955

I cut the bottom of the head off.

I am going to put a rounded shape in there.

 

IMG_1983

These are the copper cables that will attach the head to the body.

I have a direction and plan—I think.

Post a Comment