Monday, February 8, 2016

Dragonfly Fighting Machine and the Carnival

 

IMG_2202

The eyes...the all important eyes.

First see what some transparent viscous enamel looks like on a domed silver cup.

IMG_2203

Nyet, I didn't like it.

 

IMG_2205

Titanium domed cup with some heat colouring.

Nope.

IMG_2207

Some more experiments--getting there.

IMG_2212

The eighth model and I kind of like them

Heat treated titanium with the center engraved.

Titanium does not like engravers.

IMG_2258

So then I made a silver surround and a glass cover in which I drilled a hole through.

The center silver tube will be set with a with a stone of unknown colour as yet.

The center part screws into the head and holds the whole affair together.

 

IMG_2381

More work on the head.

These gem nuts are set with amethysts.

 

IMG_2405

Gauge.

All the infrared scanner units, power supply to the jaws and target acquisition gear is being installed.

I would show how they work but I am afraid it is all top secret.

IMG_2470

Things are moving forward.

 

IMG_2472

Photographing my sculptures has always been a mission, so I built a rotating table that can take the weight of them.

I used parts from an old printer that a buddy of mine gave me.

IMG_2480

At the same time I made a box out of aliminium and steel so that I can turn it into a light tent for the camera.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

IMG_2443

In Europe, they take the carnival seriously.

This was the first time for Anne and I to see what the Dutch do during carnival.

For one, there was a lot less drinking than in Germany.

IMG_2446

This lot were very well trained, with all kinds of dance moves.

IMG_2433

The exuberance of youth mixed with a few ales knows no limits.

Also there was a lot more music than in Germany.

IMG_2447

The master of ceremonies.

Check the speakers below them.

In St Maarten they of course take it way over the top—these speakers would be merely regarded as a nice set of ear buds there.

___________________________________________________________________-

 

IMG_2374

I got lots of lights left over from the various shops I have had.

So I made a system for my plants.

I jam the little spikes through the flex. They only 12 volt led’s.

IMG_2370

And now all my plants have got lots of light through the winter.

Post a Comment