Wednesday, May 11, 2016

More Dragonfly Fighter.

 

IMG_8916

I get emails from time to time, saying that they don't like me putting guns on my sculptures.

Tough.

I made two five barreled Gatling guns.

Then I cut out two mounting brackets out of titanium with my piercing saw.

 

IMG_8918

The basic shape.

The bottom part will be filed round and tapped  with a 3 mm tap.

IMG_8925

The rough titanium with filed bevels.

I discarded the brass round part.

 

IMG_8928

Gauge.

IMG_9021

Then I made the power feed at the back. That is stainless steel wire made into a coil and then copper wire is inserted inside to give it strength.

IMG_9025

All I got to do now is polish everything and then heat blue the titanium.

IMG_9046

As the picture says.

 

IMG_9321

The finished guns.

IMG_9036

Now I wanted to finish the pilot and the cock pit.

So I started on the as yet unfinished pilots chair.

The actual stand , seat base and back are soldered as one piece.

Then all the other components are riveted together after it they are polished.

IMG_9044

Finished and riveted.

 

IMG_9188

Then I stared to work seriously on the pilot and cock pit.

I added some extra ribs , made him some upper arm bangles and finger rings and made him much more spiky.

IMG_9197

Check out his rings.

 

IMG_9198

Rings on the other hand/claw.

IMG_9211

A bangle and upper arm lock pin.

IMG_9213

Machine gun firing lever.

IMG_9214

Yaw and weave control lever.

The bottom is a free swinging vertical pendulum.

IMG_9217

Power and flight control levers.

The engraved symbols are in alien language.

 

IMG_9055

The joy stick close up.

 

IMG_9071

His unfinished head.

IMG_9203

The finished head.

IMG_9205

Some blued titanium pads for his shoulders.

Still have to seat the collar.

IMG_9180

Pilot and cockpit interior finished.

Now for the actual cockpit housing.

IMG_9245

All the housing is already made, so that meant I had to take it all apart and polish everything.

It is very delicate when it is apart so the potential for something to go wrong was big.

I made a lot of spiky screwy things.

IMG_9274

My workbench as I am assembling everything.

IMG_9275

After everything has been polished.

All in all about a hundred components.

 

IMG_9322

The cockpit with the pilot inside.

IMG_9323

So now I just have to blue all the spikes and then put it all together.

Next I am starting on the body.

Post a Comment