I decided to fire colour my wings.
So I make a fire and then heat the wing red hot and quench them into a bucket of cold water.
It takes many attempts until nice pattern is achieved.
Once the wings have a cool pattern on,they have to be carefully flattened so as not to damage the surface.
Fitting them to the thorax, which is next in line for finishing.
Here is one of the finished wings with the power and stabilizer rods attached.
Another view of the wing.
Pretty much everything finished except the cabin.
The front chest guard is fitted and now the cockpit has to be taken apart and finished.
There were quite a lot of spikes and screws that I turned out on my lathe.
My bench as I re assemble the cabin.
Not shown is the liter bottle of liquid patience that is needed.
This was by far the most difficult component of the Dragonfly fighter that I made.
Over 95 hours of time spent on it.
The view of the alien pilot when he looks upwards.
The tail is completely finished.
I assembled my photo tent in the workshop for the photography .