Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Dragonfly Fighter is finished.

 

IMG_9579

I decided to fire colour my wings.

So I make a fire and then heat the wing red hot and quench them into a bucket of cold water.

It takes many attempts until nice pattern is achieved.

 

IMG_9577

Once the wings have a cool pattern on,they have to be carefully flattened so as not to damage the surface.

IMG_9602

Fitting them to the thorax, which is next in line for finishing.

IMG_9764

Here is one of the finished wings with the power and stabilizer rods attached.

IMG_9617

Another view of the wing.

IMG_9622

Pretty much everything finished except the cabin.

IMG_9635

The front chest guard is fitted and now the cockpit has to be taken apart and finished.

IMG_9649

There were quite a lot of spikes and screws that I turned out on my lathe.

IMG_9668

My bench as I re assemble the cabin.

Not shown is the liter bottle of liquid patience that is needed.

IMG_9816

Finished

This was by far the most difficult component of the Dragonfly fighter that I made.

Over 95 hours of time spent on it.

IMG_9817

The view of the alien pilot when he looks upwards.

Tail

The tail is completely finished.

IMG_9747

Completely finished.

IMG_9758

I assembled my photo tent in the workshop for the photography .

 

 

good-3-fixed

The Video.

https://youtu.be/-1tyXXvPyeg

Post a Comment